Tuesday, January 17, 2006

My father's Christmas present

This is the blanket I crocheted for my father for Christmas. He put a lot of work into his room, repainting it and putting up new moulding. I made the blanket to match his new room.

I made up the pattern. I attempted the fan stitch, but it turns out I wasn't doing my double crochet correctly, and the fan ended up looking more like a popcorn stitch. Oh well.

The beige and burgundy were done with my incorrect double crochet. This is the first project where I switched colours and I'm happy with the results.

The piece probably took 30+ hours. I don't remember the hook size I used now, but it was quite small. I did it all as one piece, which I quite enjoyed because it meant not having to sew everything together at the end.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home