Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My mom's blanket


Voila the blanket I crocheted for my mother for Christmas.
I used Homespun yarn in a raspberry colour (don't remember the official name). I basically crocheted a bunch of scarves, one skein each, then sewed them together. The tassles were hell. Homespun is the worst for fraying, which it does as soon as you cut it. I tried a fray-stopper solution, but it didn't work. In the end, my sister tied little knots at the end of each tassle (thanks Richelle) to stop them from turning into little afros.

2 Comments:

Blogger Your Grandma and I are hookers. said...

Wow! The mittens are so amazing. They were totally worth the effort! I love the blanket too; good idea!

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Ami said...

Nicole - I want to learn how to make a throw just like this one. Look at you go! :)

Ami

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home