Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My sister's mittens


Here are the mittens I finally finished after about five attempts.







This is the pattern I used: http://www.geocities.com/justme42uk/mymittenspattern.html. The British terms really threw me for a loop the first "attempt." I ended up with an oven mitt'esque monstrosity.

Several attempts later and voila, here they are. For fun, and to tie them into my sister's scarf, I embroidered using the leftover white wool from her scarf.

My mom's blanket


Voila the blanket I crocheted for my mother for Christmas.
I used Homespun yarn in a raspberry colour (don't remember the official name). I basically crocheted a bunch of scarves, one skein each, then sewed them together. The tassles were hell. Homespun is the worst for fraying, which it does as soon as you cut it. I tried a fray-stopper solution, but it didn't work. In the end, my sister tied little knots at the end of each tassle (thanks Richelle) to stop them from turning into little afros.